Fin Box Patch - Green
- Regular price £2.50
The fin box patch comes in a range of colours and fits around the fin box on your board, to secure it in place. If needing to carry out a repair of the fin box, we suggest taking it to a professional boat repairer or, if carrying out the repair yourself, we recommend using PVC boat repair glue and following these gluing instructions:
1) Inflate the board to 15 psi (if the area is leaking then you should fully deflate the board)
3) Apply a layer of glue to both surfaces (if using the repair patch, apply glue to rough side) but don’t push them together yet
4) Wait until the glue has dried (approx. 20mins depending on temperature)
5) Now apply another layer of glue to both surfaces
6) Now push the surfaces together making sure no air is trapped. You really need to push down hard onto the piece you are gluing. Pushing from the centre out to the edge. Ideally you need to push hard enough to squeeze glue out of the edge of the piece you are gluing. At the same time you need to heat the area up with a hairdryer to help the glue activate.
7) Keep applying force to the area to make sure all areas are well stuck down. You will need to work hard on the area for about 5 mins.
8) Ideally place a heavy weight on the area for 8 hrs.
*We advise using protective wear such as gloves and goggles