The i-fin is designed to bend and flex which is a great advantage for a board that can be rolled up, transported or packed away. The i-fin can bend out of shape without this affecting the performance of the board and it should restraighten itself gradually. If, however, you would like to straighten your i-fins, here is our video on how to do so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNcTH8pZj4s
Sticking on an i-fin:
It is a fairly easy procedure to re-stick an i-fin to your board. We recommend using any PVC boat repair glue or Henkle (Loctite) 401 which can be purchased widely online. Here are the glueing instructions we recommend following:
1) Inflate the board to 15 psi
2) Clean the area to be glued - ideally with some acetone or nail polish remover (it works the same)
3) Warm the fin with a hairdryer to make it more pliable (or leave them in the sun on a warm day)
4) Apply a layer of glue to both surfaces
5) Now push the surfaces together making sure no air is trapped. You really need to push down hard onto the piece you are gluing. Pushing from the centre out to the edge. Ideally you need to push hard enough to squeeze a small amount of glue out of the edge of the piece you are gluing so using a metal spoon protect your thumbs and apply pressure is a good idea.
7) Keep applying force to the area to make sure all areas are well stuck down. You will need to work hard on the area for about 5 mins.
8) Ideally place a heavy weight on the area for 8 hrs.
9) Leave to dry for 24 hours before using.
*We advise using protective wear such as gloves and goggles.